Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: AG overload

  1. #31
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    Originally posted by smoredrama:
    -----I won't see any of my girls on the auction block while I'm alive.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EXCELLENT! My sentiments exactly! Thank you Dionne! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #32
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar
    Originally posted by marisol05:
    I think I suffered from overload for a few weeks following the Holiday season. If you noticed, I wasn't posting until just a few days ago. I would come and lurk everyday just to see what everyone was talking about, but I just couldn't get into it. It was really weird. Now, I feel better, redressed my girls Mari and Addy, made afew purchases on AG, watching ebay, etc. Yup, I'm back! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...He-He-he...I thought they were DD's dollies?, hmmmmm...sounds like we have a GONER in denial here<font color="red">...mwahahahahahahaaaa.....</font>

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member SayuriWhispers's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't had that problem so far with American Girl. I have ten dolls and I still have that appetite for more! If I don't play with my girls every day, they look beautiful on display, so there's pressure that way. If I miss an outfit, I'll either wait for a good deal on ebay or I'll make my own similair version. The only slight stress is if I should get Jess or not, since I'm not too drawn to her, but that's the only stress I've had so far. I've made every purchase I've made since I began collecting in Nov 2004 because I wanted it and have had not a single regret!

    However, I understand where you guys are coming from. I'm in the process of selling my My Little Pony collection. I had a good time with them, but there was so much pressure to get every new one, and exclusives, and to be quite honest, I came to a point where I looked at the ponies, made a list, totalted the prices up and went "wow..I think I'd rather get dolls with that money then have it sit on shelves not being enjoyed!" So, that's what I'm doing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've yet to be overwhelmed by AG dolls or even my MLP, where I have hundreds of them. They're pretty small and cute and I love to brush them and play with them, and I plan to get back into customs.

    What is overwheming me, though, are my Baby Face Dolls. I initially got some of them simply because I was going for a full set, then while moving up to WA state, I realized that I didn't need them all or even like them all. I'm definately keeping my childhood one, a black Suzy, and my black Penny Pen-pen. There are some others that I think are sweet faced, so they'll stay. But one of them is going to the E-bay orphanage, because she's just not that cute.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 02, 2006 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Nethilia ]</font>

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm downsizing my MLP to buy more AG-and well downsizings is to put it nicely-I mean well...I still have over 400, and I only sold 30 or so, when I was in a must buy/have/mib/moc mode.

    Now I bounce back and forth between both [img]smile.gif[/img]

    -Jordyn

  6. #36
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by marisol05:
    I think I suffered from overload for a few weeks following the Holiday season. If you noticed, I wasn't posting until just a few days ago. I would come and lurk everyday just to see what everyone was talking about, but I just couldn't get into it. It was really weird. Now, I feel better, redressed my girls Mari and Addy, made afew purchases on AG, watching ebay, etc. Yup, I'm back! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...He-He-he...I thought they were DD's dollies?, hmmmmm...sounds like we have a GONER in denial here<font color="red">...mwahahahahahahaaaa.....</font>

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very funny! Mari and Addy that my dd is holding are MY dolls [img]tongue.gif[/img] WB Samantha and Marisol are hers. So there!

  7. #37
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Melissa:
    It might help if our board focused more on enjoying what we have, rather on buying new things. I think we get into a "crowd mentality" where we see others getting things, and feel like we have to, also.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like that idea. It might be a little less overwhelming.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm...I've never quite felt that way, although I can see where your coming from. There are times when I wish I had stuck with collecting for only one doll and had her be my special one and only. My Samantha still has yet to aquire her entire collection, and I've owned her for 15 years. I have 8 dolls right now. I don't usually go after every new doll. Most of my dolls were bought 3-4 years apart so a new AG is still a special thing. I also rarely make orders. I wait until the birthday/holiday season and just ask for doll things for gifts. It's more fun when they are a surprise.

    I try to take turns getting things for each doll, and I like to spend one-on-one time with them so I don't feel overwhelmed. When I was in college living in a dorm, I rotated them out. I could never put any of them in storage, even the ones that don't appeal to me as much- they are still part of my dollie family.

    I don't make it a goal to own everything...I only pick things I really want.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently sold a doll, so now I have seven. I know that I want more dolls down the road, but for now I plan to focus on collecting outfits and accessories for my dolls, probably mostly my historical dolls. Collecting for AGOT can make you broke quickly! At some point I plan to start getting furniture, but I think I will wait until I have room for an AG doll house.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member likewow's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't ever feel overloaded by my collection, and I added 48 dolls last year, including 11 18-inchers. I had sold my collection once before, though, not because I felt overloaded but primarily because I was in ROTC at the time and thought I was headed towards a rather spartan lifestyle in the Army that wouldn't allow me to have a lot of stuff that would have to be moved constantly or put away in storage indefinitely. Having sold my collection once I am even more appreciative of the dolls I have now and I will never make that mistake again. I love each and every one of my dolls. I don't feel the need to change them all at once - every couple of weeks I'll change maybe 1-4 of their outfits. I also don't feel the need to coordinate them at all or dress them appropriately. My dolls dress like me - I'm the girl who wears a tank top and a hoodie in the middle of winter and the hoodie comes off as soon as I get inside. For example, right now Briana and Marisol are dressed for summer in the new club outfit and the Beachside Outfit, respectively, while Kirsten is bundled up in her full winter outfit and Lindsey is refusing to believe Christmas is over, wearing the Winter Magic set. My dolls are pretty low-maintenance. [img]cool.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •